Manufactured Home Insurance
Modular Home Insurance
Insurance Quote Click Here
Insurance Agent for Manufactured
Homes, Modular Homes and Travel Trailers:
Charlie Taylor is licensed
to sell property and casualty insurance in both Tennessee
and Kentucky for manufactured homes and modular homes. He represents both American Modern and Foremost Insurance, two of the largest and most well-respected companies in the industry.
Both companies offer affordable, flexible coverage for your manufactured home or modular home insurance needs.
Modular and Manufactured Home Insurance
Your home purchase is one of the single largest investments your family may ever make. It is important you choose the very best insurance coverage that you can find to protect your investment. Many insurance companies do not understand the mobile home industry. Often, they insure the home as a depreciable product, giving you very little actual coverage. Unfortunately, the cheap cost of such insurance coverage attracts many uninformed buyers.
The Best Insurance Products Available:
Replacement Cost vs. Actual Cash Value (ACV) Insurance
Our companies offer a comprehensive, all risks mobile home insurance policy with replacement cost. What this means is that when we write your insurance, unless your value is under $20,000, you have full replacement cost coverage.
Many insurance companies write "Actual Cash Value" (ACV) policies which pay only what they determine to be the value when there is a loss. These policies will allow for depreciation, and the adjuster, an employee of the insurance company, will determine how much your manufactured home was worth- no matter how much coverage you have.
I have seen instances where a person had $25,000 in coverage on a 1977 14x70, and received $2,200 when they had a total loss, because that was what the adjuster determined the home was worth.
Comprehensive All Risk vs. Named Peril Mobile Home Insurance
Our companies write comprehensive, meaning 'all risk', coverage. What this means to you is that EVERY type of loss is covered, unless it is specifically excluded 'in writing'. Be careful; many companies, in order to reduce their risks, write "Named Peril" insurance. What this means to you is that unless it is named on the policy as being covered, it is NOT covered.
Flood and Earthquake Coverage
With our HO3 Manufactured Home Insurance policy, flood and earthquake coverage is available for a small additional fee. Flood and earthquake coverage is included with the Mobile Home policies, at no extra cost to you.
Mechanical Breakdown Coverage
For a small yearly premium, we offer a mechanical breakdown coverage addendum that covers all your appliances, including central heat and air units. With the high cost to replace such appliances, this coverage will give you peace of mind. Coverage may be added as a rider on your mobile home insurance policy.
Seasonal Mobile Home Insurance or Rental Mobile Home Insurance
American Modern and Foremost both offer very good seasonal mobile home insurance products for homeowners who occupy their homes on a seasonal basis. We also offer a product to cover owners of rental mobile homes- at very competitive rates.
Travel Trailer Insurance and Motorcycle Insurance
We offer a competitive Travel Trailer and Motorcycle coverage. Call me for more details.
Charlie Taylor Mobile Home Insurance Coverage Offers:
- Comprehensive mobile home insurance coverage: Broad coverage for your home and other structures such as sheds and unattached garages.
- Personal property: Actual Cash Value for your personal property. Or, choose optional Replacement Cost coverage, which replaces a lost or stolen item with another of like kind and quality- with no depreciation.
- Personal liability coverage: Protection against accidents that cause bodily injury or property damage for which you're held legally responsible.
- Coverage before you move in: Placing your manufactured home on your own land? Optional Builder's Risk Endorsement provides the protection you need between your loan closing and move-in day, including coverage for site improvement, personal liability, and theft of building materials.
- Additional living expenses: Should your manufactured home become temporarily unliveable due to a covered loss, you may have higher than normal costs for meals, lodging and more. Our manufactured home insurance policy helps pay for these expenses.
- Food spoilage coverage: If the food in your refrigerator spoils due to an extended power outage, we pay to replace it.
- Reasonable repairs expense coverage: If your manufactured home is damaged by a covered loss, we'll reimburse you for temporary repairs that guard against further damage.
- Credit Card protection: If your lost or stolen card is used without your knowledge, you're covered for any amount you are legally obligated to pay.
- Identity theft: This optional coverage pays certain expenses if someone steals your identity.
- Additional coverages- If your manufactured home is your primary residence, our policy may offer or automatically include the Enhanced Coverage Endorsement which adds the following to your policy:
- 1. Higher limits for special personal property, additional living expenses, food spoilage, and more.
- 2. Coverage to recharge your fire extinguisher if you use it to fight a fire.
- 3. If your property is damaged by arson or vandalism, we will pay a reward for information that leads to a criminal conviction in connection with the loss.
- Immediate catastrophie aid: Whenever there's a major storm, our insurance companies redirect their resources to provide the fastest customer service possible. Additional personnel answer the phones, and our adjusters come in from other regions of the country as needed to help settle claims promptly.
- Fast and Reliable Claims Service: Report your claim anytime, day or night! Log onto AMIG.com, or give us a call.
- Lots of payment options: Sign up for EZ Pay, and have a manageable monthly payment automatically deducted form your bank account- on the day you select! You can also pay in full, or in four equal installments with a check or money order, Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Discover, or your bank Debit card.
About American Modern
The companies of American Modern Insurance are nationally recognized leaders of specialty insurance, and currently have more than 2 million policyholders throughout the country. Based in Cincinnati, OH, American Modern's parent, The Midland Company, has been in business since 1938. American Modern Insurance is rated as A+ (Superior) by the A.M. Best Company, and is licensed to insure homes in all fifty states.